• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsrandazzo
    Administrator
    • Sep 2018

[13OCT22] Updates Published to Update PMDG 737 for MSFS Product Line

Captains!

During the course of Wednesday, we have pushed two updates for each of the PMDG 737-600, PMDG 737-700 and PMDG 737-800 product lines. The first update went late afternoon UTC, and while we were mid-way through that update series, Alex popped up to report that the SDK for the entire product line was now stable, so we opted to run a second updates series for the entire product line to get that released to for those who need it.

These two updates (3.00.0041 and 3.00.0042) mean that since releasing the 737-700 in May, we have published:
    • Eight product-wide udpates.
    • 389 logged changes/fixes/improvements
    All of us at PMDG very much appreciate the enthusiasm so many of you have shown for our products and our work, and we hope these numbers demonstrate our unwavering support of our products and your enjoyment when using them.

Currently we are at work on a broad range of continued improvements for the entire product line to includes, the much discussed PMDG Universal Flight Tablet, enhancements to vertical, lateral and thrust control law to improve aircraft handling during "unusual" MSFS atmospheric events as well as improvements to normal handling characteristics, updated navdata, updated FMS capabilities and much much more.

The two major items on our agenda right now are the 737-900 series, and the PMDG Universal Fllight Tablet- both of which we had thought would be in testing last month- but both of which are still being held for internal testing only. The 900 is taking longer than we anticipated because of some unusual characteristics in the airplane that have to be accounted for- and we want to get them dialed in properly before it is handed off to you guys.

The tablet is just taking longer than we would like due to a number of platform-side challenges- but each day brings progress in that battle. In some corners of the internet, some users have been commenting that our tablet was expected in September. I think in fairness, they are confusing my comments bout expecting the tablet to enter testing in September. We missed our September guidance on testing, and it will be a while longer before the tablet enters testing prior to release. Either way, testing does not equal release so i wanted to make sure that was clear.

It will release once we are happy that we have it in the condition we want it- and not before.

Once we have a clear idea when it will release- we'll let you know. I have chosen not to preview the tablet because we are making changes to the graphical layout and capabilities and I prefer not to show something that is clearly still in motion.

[edit - forgot this piece in the original post]
    Another area upon which we are putting a lot of focus lately is pitch/roll/yaw/thrust channel stability and smoothness. In the the simulated environment in which the 737 lives in MSFS, there is a tremendous amount of atmospheric violence that the real airplane doesn't often deal with. Since the F/D and the A/P control law are very dependent upon PIDs, the rate of change data being violently oscillatory is problematic from a mathematical point of view. This is just the nature of the beast in a simulated world and we are in the process of teaching the math how to work with the reality of it's environments in such a way that it will look/feel/act properly to the pilot flying the airplane. We are starting to make great strides in this arena currently- and we anticipate a few more updates the continue calming over-reactive processes in order to smooth out the piloting experience and make it more realistic. Stay tuned for more on this topic later.

Change list for 3.00.0042 is as follows:
    ===========================
    0011989: [General - SDK] SDK to be added when stable for all 737 variants (rsrandazzo)

Change list for 3.00.0041 is as follows:
    ============================
    0011941: [External Model - Geometry] Bad topology on tail (jbrown)
    0011939: [Virtual Cockpit - Functionality/Click-Spots] Displays to dim during day time (vscimone)
    0011910: [General - Unsure] The SPD BRK steps do not match the mouse click spots (vscimone)
    0011217: [AFDS - Pitch Modes] New pitch channel : ALT ACQ model at low altitudes and ALT HLD during turns (emvaos)
    0011885: [AFDS - Pitch Modes] New pitch channel : Level change and VNAV SPD (emvaos)
    0011546: [FMS/AFDS - VNAV] New pitch mode : VNAV PTH DES mode (emvaos)
    0011935: [General - SDK] MCP Altitude output (abashkatov)
    0011936: [General - Ground Operations] Request for Loading via stairs without the use of Buses (hvanrensburg)
    0011928: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] VC textures fixes (vscimone)
    0011933: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Texture Clipping Pilot Glareshield and Transponder panel (vscimone)
    0011855: [Main Panel - ND] X track error should start appearing from 0.01 and not from 0.04 as we have it (abashkatov)
    0011930: [External Model - Liveries] 738 BDSF Structure Protruding Out Behind L2 Door (jbrown)
    0011931: [General - Unsure] Duplicate entries in CFG files (hvanrensburg)
    0011913: [Pedestal - Radios/Comms/Navs] TCAS ON ND (abashkatov)
    0011919: [Pedestal - Radios/Comms/Navs] ADF Radio behaviour (abashkatov)
    0011926: [External Model - Geometry] Nose gear tire passing through gear doors (jbrown)
    0011909: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Sunshades clip through HGS (hvanrensburg)
    0011912: [Systems - Pressurization] PASSENGER OXYGEN SWITCH (hvanrensburg)
    0011918: [Pedestal - Radios/Comms/Navs] 2ND ADF (hvanrensburg)
    0011907: [External Model - Geometry] Hole in the floor of the 737-700BBJ (jbrown)
    0011905: [Virtual Cockpit - Functionality/Click-Spots] Visors Disappear when clicked when cockpit interactions are set to LOCK (vscimone)
    0011818: [External Model - Geometry] Shadow issue on left hand fuselage (jbrown)
    0011858: [External Model - Geometry] Cabin Divider is Black with no textures (jbrown)
    0011232: [External Model - Geometry] PIP options incorrectly connected to selection of LED lights option. (jbrown)
    0011850: [External Model - Geometry] Decals on both cargo doors are not attached to the cargo door (jbrown)
    0011882: [External Model - Geometry] Frames drops when plane looked from outside (jbrown)
    0011824: [External Model - Geometry] Bottom left corner window flicker (jbrown)
    0011815: [External Model - Geometry] Small gap at 800 aft cabin (jbrown)
    0011851: [External Model - Geometry] 737-800 winglet gap (jbrown)
    0011868: [External Model - Liveries] PMDG House livery N738BA BB2 has the wrong title name (jbrown)
    0011884: [External Model - Geometry] Airstairs Hatch UV Map Error in 738 Paint kit (jbrown)
    0011900: [External Model - Geometry] Wrong Type of Cargo Containers used in the Cargo Variant (jbrown)
    0011839: [Main Panel - PFD] Round Rad Alt "Alive" box offset (abashkatov)
    0011881: [General - Flight Model] Left and Right trim wheel "White Band/Handle" offset (vscimone)
    0011877: [General - Unsure] External view instruments are those of a prop and not a jet (hvanrensburg)
    0011897: [General - Unsure] Time Compression button on Clock does not work with PMDG mouse clicks (hvanrensburg)
    0011870: [FMS - Performance Pages] Distance to various vertical path markers now showing decimals if within 10nm (emvaos)
    0011863: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Small VC anomalies (vscimone)
    0011861: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] 737 VC floating labels and screw (vscimone)
    0011857: [General - Documentation] Intro documentation needs updating (hvanrensburg)
    0011848: [General - Unsure] Aircraft.cfg entries for the 800 should be B738 and not B737 (cbpowell)
    0011843: [General - Unsure] Escape slides should not always be armed when a door is closed (hvanrensburg)
    0011846: [Virtual Cockpit - Functionality/Click-Spots] Small Gaps Aft of cockpit windows (vscimone)​

Work continues on all fronts- and the 777 team continues to report exceptionally good progress.
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

• amahran
    • Jun 2022

Nifty updates
    Amr Diab

- My love, the light of the eye

Comment

• Pablo Vazquez
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post

Work continues on all fronts- and the 777 team continues to report exceptionally good progress.
      This is like music to my ears!!!!​

Thank you for the updates! 😁
      Last edited by Pablo Vazquez; 13Oct2022, 03:10.

Pablo Vazquez
      Flight Attendant for a major US airline

Comment

• AirBadger
        • Feb 2019

Does this mean the alt hold issues are fixed?

0011217: [AFDS - Pitch Modes] New pitch channel : ALT ACQ model at low altitudes and ALT HLD during turns (emvaos)
        0011885: [AFDS - Pitch Modes] New pitch channel : Level change and VNAV SPD (emvaos)​
        Alex Pugh
        👎

Comment

• EMV
          EMV commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes.

Vangelis

• Stearmandriver
          Stearmandriver commented
          Editing a comment
          Confirmed; ran it through the wringer tonight. Level off from 3500fpm climbs are perfect, and it holds altitude within 20ft in 30 degree bank turns at clean maneuver. Glad to see this fixed! 👍
      • va3fyc
        • Mar 2019

Thank you for the updates!
        Florin Marinache

Comment

• Iceman7
          • Sep 2020

Thanks for update Robert!
          𝐊𝐢𝐦𝐢 𝐇ä𝐤𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐧

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

• MJChernis
              • May 2022

Thanks for the release notes and the aircraft update!
              Mark Chernis

Comment

• nobleord
                • Sep 2020

Time to download and do a test flight. 😂

6wpg8e.jpg
                Bryan Opalka
                Noble Air - Americas Regional Manager
                PMDG 737/777

Comment

• Keirtt
                  • Dec 2019

Not necessarily a PMDG problem (Yet), but just a heads up. Discovered a bug this evening where the PFD/MFD both froze on the Captain side of the cockpit while using the new SU11 update and the .42 PMDG update. I made a case on the forums for it. Seems to be working fine otherwise.

**Just updated - looks like more was frozen.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...in-side/549204

eb2a28d931fdbdc010f1d9d62096221c4dfd4a53.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Keirtt; 13Oct2022, 02:40.
                  Chase Stigberg - KRIC
                  Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790
                  32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
                  10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU​

Comment

• Julean
                    Julean commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I experienced exactly that yesterday 737-700. I just had touch down and then totally froze and didn't recover.

Julean
                    Frederiksberg, DK
                • MythicSimPilot
                  • Jun 2022

Thanks for the Update !!

If you need someone to test the Tablet, I can volunteer :-)
                  Louis Fortier

Please be courteous, English is not my primary language.

Comment

• Rocky Jet Melendez
                    • Nov 2019

Thank you for everything, I really appreciate the work being done. Its amazing.
                    Rocky Jet Melendez
                    DeskTop-RTX 4090 13Gen i9-13900K-DDR5 32gb RAM-1300 Gold PSU, 2TB Samsung Pro SSD x2, 45inch OLED Ultra Wide Curved 4k Monitor. Cockpit Master CDU/EFIS/MCP. Alienware Laptop- M18 R1, RTX 4090, 13Gen i9-13980HX, 5800 DDR 32gb,2TB SSD, QHD 2k MK Cherry Keys

Comment

• matrosov
                      • Jan 2021

Quick question does new SDK and SU10 allow for a pause at TOD fix so it is a real pause and not an active one that burns fuel.
                      Aleks Matrosov

Comment

• jmknights93
                        • Jun 2021

0011848: [General - Unsure] Aircraft.cfg entries for the 800 should be B738 and not B737 (cbpowell)

Does this mean GSX will correctly detect the -800 now?
                        - John Esetts

Comment

• SaintBean95
                          • May 2022

Thanks for the update sir! One question I have is have you (PMDG) approached Asobo about the “unusual MSFS atmospheric events” to see if that’s something they may take a step back on, rather than you having to just work with it? I have noticed at times the environment can be quite violent like you describe. Also glad to see the alt acquire and alt hold in turns being worked on!
                          Last edited by SaintBean95; 13Oct2022, 06:16.
                          Ben St Jean

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                            rsrandazzo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ben- I asked some months back if I could be connected to the person responsible for weather in order to provide some experience based feedback and I was told that this was not possible. I haven't asked again. - RSR
                        • Black2306
                          • Nov 2020

777! One love.
                          Misha Sarmatov
                          FO 737
                          CPU: i7-11700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
                          GPU: Nvidia RTX3080 10Gb
                          RAM: 32Gb​

Comment

• Moridin
                            • Sep 2021

I am flying the BBJ1 long haul as I type this, and while at cruise, still not far from my departure, I added a published hold from the arrival plate. The recommended hold speed was around 190 kts and the published speed was 200 kts. After EXECuting, the HOLD was added to the flight plan and the 737 proceeded to slow down to hold speed, while thousands of miles away.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set up a flight, any flight.
                            2. Take off.
                            3. Add an e.g. hold from the approach or arrival plates.
                            4. Execute changes.
                            5. Watch aircraft slow down.

This is still pre-update so I will test this again soon, after I update the aircraft.

Example route from today:

Code:
                            EDDM/08L KIRDI2Q KIRDI DCT MEDEL DCT STEIN DCT TEGRI DCT NEKUL DCT
                            VEVIN DCT DINRO N743 UDROS UM859 KARDE UL851 OLUPO UL851 TBN UP146
                            RST UL333 SOKAM UL333 SERKA N636 KALAT G452 MERUN L333 KKJ B209
                            VILOP B209 LAPAN M875 KAKID M770 OBMOG L515 UPSAB UPSAB1D VTSP/27​
                            Published hold added at
                            Code:
                            BARON
                            (VTSP plate 10-2A), 265/R.

Will report back.
                            Last edited by Moridin; 13Oct2022, 07:02. Reason: HOLD was BARON not BARUM.
                            Sincerely,

Wojtek Pietrusiewicz

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                              rsrandazzo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wojtek- That doesn't sound right at all, does it. :-p I'll pass this along to Dr. Vaos to take a look at. - RSR

• Moridin
                              Moridin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you. I'm just landing at VTSP, will exit, update, and fly VTSP to VTBS and report back with the same test.
                          • Ezman1980
                            • Feb 2019

Hi Rob
                            Wanna Ask is PMDG going to handle or check the ground friction issues?, as is understand Asobo added variables in the last SDK to handle it,
                            Now it looks like the 737 behave like the tail dragger i fly IRL , very slippery on asphalt or concrete surfaces.
                            Thanks
                            Elad Zeierman
                            My Channel:
                            https://www.twitch.tv/elad239

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                              rsrandazzo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Elad- We don't answer questions related to new features in the SDK for many reasons as discussed in previous posts on the topic, sorry.- RSR
                          • Trovis
                            • Oct 2021

Hi Randazzo, thank you.

A question: are the pitch control corrections available only for automatic flight, or also for manual flight? Please say that the pitch behavior during the manual flight has also been fixed as this is the most awaited fix by me and the most urgent fix that this package needs since day one.​
                            Pedro Guedes

Comment

• Swezam
                              • Nov 2019

Solid list of fixes and improvements. Can’t wait to check them out tonight. Particularly glad to see some items on the list that have been bothering me. Nice work!
                              - John Svensson

Comment

• Roilnep
                                • Feb 2019

Thanks for the great work the whole team does.

Roilen Palmer

Comment

• zorzini
                                  • May 2022

Good morning and thank you for update.
                                  I'm interested in MSFS PMDG SDK and just found the new SDK.

I'm only unable to find the files:
                                  PMDG_NG3_ConnectionTest.cpp
                                  PMDG_NG3_SDK_CDU_Test.cpp

as described at page 0.00.7 in the PMDG_737_MSFS_SDK.pdf SDK document.

Could you please explain me where i can found this two ...cpp files ?

Thank you
                                  Eddi Zorzini
                                  Italy

Comment

• cmakris
                                    Administrator
                                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by zorzini View Post
                                    Good morning and thank you for update.
                                    I'm interested in MSFS PMDG SDK and just found the new SDK.

I'm only unable to find the files:
                                    PMDG_NG3_ConnectionTest.cpp
                                    PMDG_NG3_SDK_CDU_Test.cpp

as described at page 0.00.7 in the PMDG_737_MSFS_SDK.pdf SDK document.

Could you please explain me where i can found this two ...cpp files ?

Thank you
                                    These two are not included with current SDK. I beleive this was left over from previous documentation. Will ask the team to check.
                                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                    PMDG Technical Support
                                    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• zorzini
                                      • May 2022

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

These two are not included with current SDK. I beleive this was left over from previous documentation. Will ask the team to check.
                                      Thank you...I wait.
                                      Eddi Zorzini
                                      Italy

Comment

• TheSledge
                                        • Jun 2020

Something in the update appears to be broken to me ref. ALT HOLD/LNAV/VNAV. At TOC FL370 just now the ALT HOLD came on/flickered out and LNAV failed/heading locked in and an extreme porpoising took over.

Cheers.
                                        Simon Justice

Comment

• Moritz
                                          • May 2020

Flaps indicator is not showing the correct flap position...
                                          Moritz Butz

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                            rsrandazzo commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Moritz- We aren't seeing any other reports of this. Which airframe, specifically do you think you saw this problem in? - RSR
                                        • TactiCol
                                          • Sep 2022

Originally posted by TheSledge View Post
                                          Something in the update appears to be broken to me ref. ALT HOLD/LNAV/VNAV. At TOC FL370 just now the ALT HOLD came on/flickered out and LNAV failed/heading locked in and an extreme porpoising took over.

Cheers.
                                          I had an issue in MCP last night with selecting LVL CHG, SPEED, ALT HLD and the CMD switch where they appeared to be frozen. I wasn't flying a flight plan as I was just testing the PMDG update alongside the NVIDIA update so it could be related to that (I was at low altitude 1000 ft). It corrected itself after a couple of minutes. Not sure what the issue was. I will see how it flies today on a proper flight plan.
                                          William (Col) Wallace

Comment

• Ernani Ferreira
                                            • Nov 2021

"Actually using Rex For MSFS I noticed that in the weather update there is a big increment that makes the aircraft change altitude quickly, mainly at -800, but this has nothing to do with the PMDG at least in my case, because when using the MSFS weather there was no occurrence. Glad to hear you are evolving and mostly working on the "PMDG Flight Tablet Universal" like everyone I'm curious to see it from the left side deck. Congratulations team for the excellent work in progress and long life to the PMDG.

My native language is not English, I ask for patience with the translation
                                            "Ernani Ferreira"

Comment

• ThomasALW
                                              • Jun 2022

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the 777 very, very much.
                                              Thomas Allensworth,
                                              KCRQ
                                              Carlsbad
                                              Cessna 414AW and PMDG enjoyer

Comment

• Paulyg123
                                                • Feb 2019

How are PMDG updates handled in MSFS- say for the 737? Through PMDG site, or inside MSFS?
                                                Paul Gugliotta
                                                13900K CPU - 4090 GPU

Comment

• GabrielePe
                                                  GabrielePe commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  All comes through the PMDG Ops Center, Paul! It's their dedicated software for maintenance of planes and liveries
                                              Working...
                                              X