Diet Tips For 2023: Healthy eating behaviours are built over the years through healthy lifestyle changes like watching your portions, eating mindfully and others.
Diet Tips For 2023: Our lives are greatly influenced by nutrition, but it can be difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle that emphasizes nourishing foods. With New Year’s resolutions starting, it’s important to concentrate on eating well and maintaining a healthy weight. Healthy eating practices not only prevent lifestyle disorders but also allow you to experience the full pleasure of food.
5 HEALTHY EATING HABITS YOU MUST PRACTICE
- Omega-3 Rich Diet: Omega-3 is a source of good fats, and the nutrient is associated with several potential and proven health benefits. It plays an essential role in reducing the risk of heart disease, may help support a healthy immune system and help maintain brain health, among other functions.
- Protein-Rich Food: A macronutrient that your body needs in large amounts to stay healthy, protein helps curb unnecessary cravings, build lean muscle, and maintain a healthy weight. This nutrient is also used by our body to build and repair tissues. Eggs, chicken, dairy products, and California walnuts are a few good sources of protein to incorporate into your daily diet.
- Snack Smart: Avoid snacks that are high in sugar, salt, and fat, and opt for fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole-grain snacks. My go-to snack is a handful of California walnuts with black raisins. I pair black raisins with a handful of walnuts – that’s my way of also beating sugar cravings post meals.
- Portion Control: Don’t just watch what you eat, but also watch how much you eat – and this isn’t limited to weight-watchers. Portion control involves eating a healthy mix of foods in limited quantity, which helps you keep a tight check on how many calories you consume.
- Read Labels: Aiming for a healthy diet isn’t just about cutting calories or portion control; it also includes paying attention to the ingredients and their nutritional content. This practice also helps you identify if the food contains ingredients that you may be allergic to or intolerant to.
Everybody has to start somewhere, choose their objectives deliberately, and work hard to reach them year after year!
(With IANS inputs)