Lifestyle Show Anchor/Reporter
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, MyNorth Media, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: 9&10 News is looking a driven lifestyle anchor who will shape and grow one of the best lifestyle shows in the region. We take our lifestyle brand seriously, and this person should bring that energy and authenticity to our viewers every day. The ideal candidate would push boundaries to engage our viewers and users on all platforms. We collaborate as a team, and this person would play a big role in that collaboration in planning and execution. The ideal anchor candidate would not only excel in the anchor chair, but also be a master storyteller.
- 100% Company Paid Employee Medical and Dental Insurance
- Dependent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Clothing & Grooming Allowances
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Writing stories & coming up with new creative content
- Assist Producing the show
- Writing web articles & posting video online
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere software
- Interacting with viewers and users on social media sites
- Interview guests in a sometimes non-scripted, lifestyle show environment
- Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling stories in Northern Michigan
- Perform other duties assigned
- Experience Reporting and/or Anchoring, preferably on a lifestyle or morning show
- A degree in journalism or a related field is preferred
- Understanding of AP & Broadcast-style writing
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to come up with innovative and creative ideas
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong social media skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a positive attitude.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Cadillac office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest, resume, professional references, and college transcripts.
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.