Empire of the Ants, the upcoming game based on Bernard Werber’s 1991-released science-fiction novel, will launch for consoles and PC via Steam in 2024, publisher Microids and developer Tower Five announced. Specific consoles were not clarified, but the game is currently available for wishlisting via PlayStation Store.
Here is an overview of the game, via Microids:
Based on Bernard Werber’s best-seller, Empire of the Ants will offer a strategic experience close to the iconic books saga.
Exploration, strategy, combat skills, but most of all, the local wildlife alliance will be necessary in order to emerge victorious from the many challenges that await you.
Take part in the exodus of a doomed and lost colony
Play as the Ant Savior, whose mission is to lead its “people” and rebuild a home, protect them, make them prosper and conquer new territories through different seasons.
- Take Part in Epic Adventure – Endorse the role of a brave ant, with a 3rd person view and explore unique abilities that can help you in battle and exploration.
- A 3D Real-Time Strategic Game with Progressive Difficulty – The game promises an intuitive experience for newcomers, with the presence of tutorials to learn the fundamentals of a real-time strategy game. The game will also offer a scalable difficulty and adaptable experience for veteran players who will discover new game mechanics as well as advanced strategies and combat skills.
- Explore Gorgeous Environments and Meet the Local Wildlife – The game will feature a photo-realistic forest to explore. Meet, encounter and interact with other ants as well as forest dwellers through your adventure.
- Photo-Realistic – Unreal Engine 5 allows to push the boundaries of the photo-realistic effect on the plants and wildlife.
- Narrative Based on the Season’s Rhythm – The game features a narrative that follows the rhythm of the seasons, to which environments and gameplay mechanics will adapt.
- Diversity of Contrast and Adaptation – The game maps will evolve depending on the time of day (day, night, dawn, and twilight).
View the first screenshots Sat the gallery.