Monday, September 11, 2023
Rhode Island is one of the national leaders in vaccinations.
The state is #2 and second only to Massachusetts.
Vaccines prevent 4 to 5 million deaths worldwide per year, according to the WHO.
Rhode Island ranks number one for the share of teenagers aged 13-17 for up-to-date HPV vaccination.
Also, Rhode Island is tops for flu vaccination rate for adults.
To find out which states vaccinate most, WalletHub analyzed the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 16 key metrics, ranging from the share of vaccinated children to the share of people without health insurance to the flu vaccination rate among adults.
Vaccination in Rhode Island (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
3rd – Influenza Vaccination Rate in Children Aged 6 Months to 17 Years Old
1st – Share of Teenagers Aged 13-17 with Up-To-Date HPV Vaccination
12th – Share of Teenagers Aged 13-17 with Men ACWY Vaccination
1st – Flu Vaccination Coverage Rate Among Adults
22nd – Share of Adults with Tetanus Vaccination
22nd – Share of Adults Aged 60 and Older with Zoster Vaccination
6th – Share of Children 19-35 Months old Living in Poverty with Combined 7-Vaccine Series
5th – Share of Civilian Noninstitutionalized Population without Health Insurance Coverage
20th – Share of Children Under 6 Years Old Participating in an Immunization Information System
- 36% of COVID Infections in Rhode Island Are Now In Vaccinated People
- McKee Backs Off October 1 Deadline for RI Healthcare Workers’ Vaccinations, Draws Criticism
- McKee Outlines COVID Vaccination Plan for Children Aged 5-11 Once Authorization Announced
- Enlist More Religious Leaders as Persuaders on Vaccinations – Horowitz
- 42% of COVID Infections in RI Are in the Vaccinated – Ten Deaths Reported in Past 3 Days
- Proof of Vaccination for Fundraisers? Some RI Candidates Are Requiring – And One Refuses to Comment
- 15 Fully Vaccinated Rhode Islanders Have Died of COVID and Another 20 Died With Virus
- RI Performance Venues Announce New Audience Requirements – Including Proof of Vaccination
- Can I Ask Employees About Their COVID-19 Vaccination Status?
- RI Home Care Providers See “Mass Discharge” of Patients by October 1 Due to Vaccination Requirement
- Dozens of Legislators Call for McKee to Lift Vaccination Mandate for Healthcare Workers
- RI Begins Vaccination of 5-11-Year-Olds
- “Vaccination Is the Pathway Out of Masking in Schools” – Says Top RI Doctor
- City of Providence Employees Not Compliant With Vaccination Policy by March Subject to Suspension
- Foulkes Talks Education, Mandating Vaccination for Children, and Her Role at CVS in Opioid Crisis
- RIDOH’s Dr. McDonald Warns Unvaccinated RIers 55 Times More Likely to Be Hospitalized With COVID
- The High Price of Resistance to COVID-19 Vaccinations – Horowitz
- Monkeypox Cases Double in a Week in US, Feds Announces New Vaccination Strategy
- Elorza, Council President Battle Over Vaccination Requirement for Public Safety Workers
- Full Vaccination Against COVID Means 3 Shots, According to Research
- Disney Requiring Children 5 and Up to Be Vaccinated for Cruises, RI Not Moving Forward for Schools
- GOP Blasts McKee for Paying State Workers to Get Vaccinated
- One RI City Has Given Away Hundreds of Used Chromebooks for Free — To People Who Get Vaccinated
- RI Daily COVID Update Monday – Large Events, Vaccination Boosters
- Worker COVID Vaccinations, TDI Increases, NDAs: See Bills Before RI House Labor Committee on Weds.